Old 15-12-2005, 05:19 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
Goomba38

Default How should I keep noodles hot for a buffet?

Phred wrote:

I've seen recipes where washing *spag* in cold water after cooking is
part of the process to stop the stuff glugging. At the time, I sort
of thought it *might* get warmed enough for eating when you stirred in
the hot bol sauce. But now I'm wondering if it was just used when the
spag was intended for serving cold with salad etc. [All of which is
probably irrelevant for noodles. %-) ]

Cheers, Phred.

Possibly for salads, but totally inhumane and unncessary when done to
perfectly good otherwise pasta being served hot.