Posted to rec.food.cooking,uk.food+drink.misc
Peter Ward

Default Venison

On Thu, 15 Dec 2005 08:35:44 +0000, The Reid
> posted....

>Following up to EastneyEnder
>
>>I'm sure you all have some ideas, but how can I winkle them out of you?
>>*in her bestest Carry On voice* tee hee

>Most of the things I do with venison seem to involve chocolate
>and a little chilli. Parsnips are often included and sometimes
>black beans. I have a regular supply of venison sausages which
>seem to go well with broad beans and some root vegetables.

Do tell more. I love chicken mole, and hope to get some venison next
week. Your idea starts excellently, goes downhill slightly in the
middle and improves again towards the end (I detest parsnips).

Actually, thinking about your avowed preference for savoury over sweet
(elsewhere), I'm surprised at the parsnips. It's their excessive
sweetness I don't like. I don't like sweet potatoes for the same
reason, and carrots are not very well favoured here, either.

--

Peter

I'm an alien