Old 15-12-2005, 12:18 AM posted to rec.food.cooking,uk.food+drink.misc
~patches~

Default Venison

EastneyEnder wrote:

My lovely butchers sold me (wish I could say it was on pain of torture but
it wasn't)... about 1.5 pounds of diced stewing venison today. Not something
they often have on offer, especially not at 1.99 GPB /pound.

Especially not when one of the butchers winks at you & calls you "sexpot" or
"darlin"... all part of my daily shopping experience & I wouldn't change it
for the world, even in these PC-benighted days. Specially as they don't do
stuff in kilos thank god.

I was going to fling it (the venison!!!) in a pot and make a casserole /
daube/ whatever but thought it deserved better as it's not daily fare here
in "Olde Portsmouthe".

I'm sure you all have some ideas, but how can I winkle them out of you?
*in her bestest Carry On voice* tee hee

Ok, I'm not sure if this is what your are asking but I've been playing
around with venison. So far the cottage pie, chili, stew, and steaks
have gone over well.