Posted to rec.food.cooking,uk.food+drink.misc
EastneyEnder

Default Venison

My lovely butchers sold me (wish I could say it was on pain of torture but
it wasn't)... about 1.5 pounds of diced stewing venison today. Not something
they often have on offer, especially not at £1.99 GPB /pound.

Especially not when one of the butchers winks at you & calls you "sexpot" or
"darlin"... all part of my daily shopping experience & I wouldn't change it
for the world, even in these PC-benighted days. Specially as they don't do
stuff in kilos thank god.

I was going to fling it (the venison!!!) in a pot and make a casserole /
daube/ whatever but thought it deserved better as it's not daily fare here
in "Olde Portsmouthe".

I'm sure you all have some ideas, but how can I winkle them out of you?
*in her bestest Carry On voice* tee hee

--
Sue in Portsmouth,
"Old" Hampshire,