Old 14-12-2005, 01:34 AM posted to rec.food.cooking
Margaret Suran

Default How should I keep noodles hot for a buffet?

jillie wrote:
I am hosting a family gathering, this coming weekend, and will be
serving Beef Bourguignon.

I'm not sure how to keep the noodles hot on the buffet table. Would
putting them in a crock pot on a warm setting and adding lots of butter
be a good way to go? I don't want them to stick together in a big
clump.

Other than that, everything is under control and it'll be an easy way
to feed the family.

Beef Bourguignon
Noodles (hopefully, hot)
Fresh Asparagus
green salad with candied walnuts and dried cranberries
Italian bread
Key Lime pie
assorted cookies and candies.

jillie
Roseville, CA

Jillie, What a great menu. Who is coming? A Chafing Dish would keep
the noodles hot, but it does not pay to get one for just one occasion.
Do you have a neighbor who could lend you one?