Posted to rec.food.cooking
jmcquown

Default How should I keep noodles hot for a buffet?

jillie wrote:
> I am hosting a family gathering, this coming weekend, and will be
> serving Beef Bourguignon.
>
> I'm not sure how to keep the noodles hot on the buffet table. Would
> putting them in a crock pot on a warm setting and adding lots of
> butter be a good way to go? I don't want them to stick together in a
> big clump.

You might consider doing what they do in restaurants; that is, keep the
noodles in strainer in a pot of hot water and use the strainer to lift them
out when it's time for people to spoon them up. Not sure how this would
work on a buffet table.

Jill