jmk

Default Good Peanut Butter vs. Bad Peanut Butter

On 3/3/2004 12:09 PM, Peggy Sullivan wrote:
> jmk wrote:

>>> Who did you ask?

>> The folks at Skippy. I e-mailed them and they left me a phone message
>> that same day.
>>

> I'm confused then. I have emailed them myself to see what they have to
> say.
>
> If what you say is true then the statement on their web site about
> Skippy being a trans fat free food is false and the scientists at the
> USDA that did the study described at:
>
> http://www.ars.usda.gov/is/pr/2001/010612.htm
>
> are badly wrong, as are all the other websites I found that also
> refer to the same results.
>
> Perhaps however, the 0.8 grams (or something) is the quantity of
> hydrogenated oils added -- almost all of which are not trans fats
> according to the USDA study.
>
> Peggy

Right. That's why I e-mailed them. It says 0 but I think that it means
"less than 1." I wanted to confirm that. Anyway, I like natural peanut
butter and it is readily available so that is what I get. It was more a
curiosity thing that anything.

--
jmk in NC