Peggy Sullivan

Default Good Peanut Butter vs. Bad Peanut Butter

jmk wrote:

> On 3/3/2004 11:09 AM, Peggy Sullivan wrote:
>
>> jmk wrote:

>>> About one gram per serving (I aske them and I think it as .8 or
>>> something) is not zero, it's still a gram more than is necessary.
>>> It's not as if natural peanut butter is difficult to come by.
>>>

>> Who did you ask?

> The folks at Skippy. I e-mailed them and they left me a phone message
> that same day.

I'm confused then. I have emailed them myself to see what they have to
say.

If what you say is true then the statement on their web site about
Skippy being a trans fat free food is false and the scientists at the
USDA that did the study described at:

http://www.ars.usda.gov/is/pr/2001/010612.htm

are badly wrong, as are all the other websites I found that also
refer to the same results.

Perhaps however, the 0.8 grams (or something) is the quantity of
hydrogenated oils added -- almost all of which are not trans fats
according to the USDA study.

Peggy