Peggy Sullivan

Default Good Peanut Butter vs. Bad Peanut Butter

jmk wrote:
> On 3/3/2004 10:15 AM, Peggy Sullivan wrote:
>
>> Thanks Sue! This is just the sort of information I was looking for.
>> I guess it comes down to taste rather than nutrition.
>>
>> Peggy

> I dunno about that. My DH pointed this out to me:
>
> They say that chocolate is heart healthy in moderation.
> They say that wine is heart healthy in moderation.
> They say that coffee isn't bad for you.
> They say eat as little trans fat as humanly possible.
>
> Why not take the wine and coffee and chocolate and skip the trans fat?

But there do not really seem to be any trans fats to skip, in Curly Sues
post I read:

"The laboratory found no detectable trans fats in any of the samples,
with a detection limit of 0.01 percent of the sample weight."

And reading the full article at the link Curly Sue provided, I found this
elaboration:

"That means that a 32-gram serving of any of the 11 brands could contain
from zero to a little over three-thousandths (0.0032) of a gram of trans
fats without being detected."

And in any case, I'm not sure my kids (who prefer Skippy or Jif to
natural peanut butter) would accept wine or coffee and jelly sandwiches
as a substitute -- although they might like chocolate and jelly ones.

Peggy