Posted to rec.food.cooking
David Hare-Scott

Default Fresh produce for summer

Our rather delayed new vege garden is just getting into production now.
Last night we had zuccinis, cut when about the size of a man's middle
finger, steamed with just a touch of butter, so sweet! The night before we
had green and yellow salad; lettuce, rocket, basil, yellow baby button
squash just blanched, butter beans ditto, with a simple oil and lemon juice
dressing. Full of flavour and nutrition. I am so happy.

We are now waiting with baited (!) breath for eggplant, tomatos, capsicum
etc. Isn't it wonderful what grows out of manure! Now I just need to find
the $$ to put up a glasshouse so we can extend the growing season and have
fresh veges most of the year.

David