Posted to alt.food.vegan,talk.politics.animals,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian
pearl

Default wife swap vegan episode

"usual suspect" > wrote in message ...
> pearl wrote:
> > ---
> >
> >>Leviticus 11:42
> >>42Whatsoever goeth upon the belly, and whatsoever
> >>goeth upon all four, or whatsoever hath more feet
> >>among all creeping things that creep upon the earth,
> >>them ye shall not eat;

> > I have noted that this quote does not belong here.

> It follows the part about which animals can be eaten:

Noted.

"The Nasaraeans - they were jews by nationality - originally
from Gileaditis (where the early followers of Yeshu-Maria
fled after the martyrdom of James the Lord's brother),
Bashanitis and the Transjordon . . . They acknowledged
Moses and believed that he had received laws - not this
law, however, but some other. And so, they were jews
who kept all the Jewish observances, but they would not
offer sacrifice or eat meat. They considered it unlawful
to eat meat or make sacrifices with it. They claim that
these Books are fictions, and that none of these customs
were instituted by the fathers. This was the difference
between the Nasaraeans and the others. . . (Epiphanius,
Panarion 1:18)
Nasaraeans, meaning, "rebels," who forbid all flesh-eating,
and do not eat living things at all. They have the holy names
of patriarchs which are in the Pentateuch, up through Moses
and Joshua the son of Nun, and they believe in them-(2) I
mean Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, and the earliest ones, and
Moses himself, and Aaron, and Joshua. But they hold
that the scriptures of the Pentateuch were not written by
Moses, and maintain that they have others. (Epiphanius,
Panarion 1:19)
http://essenes.net/sz17.htm