Posted to rec.food.cooking
wff_ng_7

Default Cuisinart Copper

"D.Currie" > wrote:
> I doubt I'll polish it; i don't mind if it darkens. I use my cooking
> equipment, I don't put it on display.

Just a quick note on cleaning. Once in a while when the copper gets a little
too messy for my tastes, I use that cheap old cleaning agent for copper: a
mixture of vinegar and salt. I keep an old dishwashing liquid bottle full of
it under the kitchen sink. I don't remember the proportions off hand, but
really doesn't matter that much. I tend use it when the outside of the pot
gets a "clean streak" down the side from dripping contents, as many food
items will "clean" the copper just as well as the vinegar/salt mixture. I
also use it to clean out my zabaglione pan before use since it is unlined.