Posted to rec.food.cooking
wff_ng_7

Default Cuisinart Copper

"D.Currie" > wrote:
> That's the kind of store Tuesday Morning is. They sell closeouts from
> stores and manufacturers, and sometimes the sales are pretty good. If
> you're the type who has to have the latest and greatest, it's not for you,
> but for many things, I don't need next year's model, last yeat's is fine.

The main reason I mentioned it is if you wanted to get some matching pieces
at some future point in time. If that's not a concern, I agree... last
year's model (or even a 50 year old model!) is fine.

> But with the sale, it's cheaper than similar stainless/aluminum models, so
> it's sounding like it's a good deal. They had a couple left yesterday. I'm
> going to stop by today and see if they'll let me take one out of the box
> to see if I like the feel of it. That's just as important as the cleaning
> issue, or maybe more so.

If it's cheaper, sounds like a good deal if you don't mind the cleaning. The
performance should be the same. The feel of it, and other small details are
very important. I used one of my sister's old Farberware disk bottom pots
this weekend for boiled potatoes and ran into an issue with those. The lids
are somewhat domed with a rounded rim that traps water when trying to drain
the pot. A small but very annoying detail. Most of my pots have flat lids,
so I haven't run into that issue in a long time.

--
( #wff_ng_7# at #verizon# period #net# )