Posted to rec.food.cooking
aem

Default Cuisinart Copper

D.Currie wrote:
> Tuesday Morning has a sale on the Cuisinart pots with the copper exteriors.
> Anybody got any experience with them? They have some good reviews, but my
> hesitation is the copper exterior coating. I use my pots, I don't hang them
> up as decorations, and I don't want to spend more time cleaning the copper
> than I do cooking with the pots.

I don't know the Cuisinart brand line of pots, but I have a
copper-bottomed stainless steel frypan that I use all the time, second
only to the wok. The great advantage of copper is its responsiveness
to changes in heat, up or down. It's a delight once you get used to
its speed. That responsiveness is probably not as needed or desirable
in a pot the way it is for a frypan. I've heard there are people who
polish/shine the copper bottoms of pans but I've never done it. I just
clean it the same as any other pan. After at least fifteen years it's
still working fine. -aem