Posted to alt.food.vegan,talk.politics.animals,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian
usual suspect

Default wife swap vegan episode

heretic Karen Winter wrote:
>>> Thank you, Pearl.

>> A pleasure. .

> Your posts are always a pleasure to read.

Her posts often amuse me, especially when she's addressing bullshit like
inner earth beings or science that's way over her head (polar fountains).

>>> As you show, there are Biblical verses which support
>>> vegetarianism, as there are Biblical verses which talk about meat-eating
>>> and animal sacrifices. Individual verses can be pulled out of the
>>> Bible, and it is useful to quote verses which support the position
>>> someone takes, of course. The Bible is the basis for Christian and
>>> Jewish ethics, and the Old Testament for Muslim ethics as well.

>> It appears that the Bible, both OT and NT, have been corrupted.

> Yes, I think that is so.

Interesting you would believe that given your snobbish views about
apostolic succession, and how you believe that issue separates you from
other Protestants:

The Anglican denomination is a part of the One, Holy, Catholic
and Apostolic Church, along with the Roman Catholics, and the
Orthodox, because the Anglican church has valid orders
continuing in the apostolic succession ( in America, through the
Church of Scotland). Protestant churches ( the Sects) do not.
-- Karen Winter as "Cynomis": 11 April 2005

I don't belong to that denomination. For close to a century,
the Episcopal Church in the U.S.A. has been distancing itself
from the "Protestant" label. The new Prayer Book says it is
"According to the use of The *Episcopal* Church". There are
enough members of the church who do not identify themselves as
"Protestant" that the ECUSA is no longer requiring it. If we
can consider the 39 Articles as optional, we can certainly
consider the label "Protestant" optional. We are historically
protestant in that we are non-RC, which is what it originally
meant. We are NOT "Protestant" in the same way the other,
non-apostolic, churchs are Protestant with a capitol "P".
-- Karen Winter as "Cynomis": 13 April 2005

I grew up in the Anglo-Catholic branch of the Episcopal Church,
which regarded Anglicans, Orthodox, and RCs as part of the
catholic church, and everybody else among the Protestants as
members of "The Sects" which did not have valid ministers, since
they did not have the Apostolic Succession.
-- Karen Winter as "Cynomis": 5 April 2005

Despite your weird predilection with the issue of tracing who laid hands
on whom at an ordination, you're entirely disingenuous about the
apostles' *doctrines*. Your beliefs are 180-degrees from theirs.

> The texts we find in the Bible were
> written or composed over thousands of years.

Yet you applaud Lesley for posting crap from "The Gospel of the Holy
Twelve," which is of very dubious and contrived origin. The following
three links address the historicity -- or rather lack of it -- of that
particular piece of... well, pseudo-scripture.

http://www.tektonics.org/lp/ouseley01.html
http://www.compassionatespirit.com/s...ew_gospels.htm (veg site)
http://home.swipnet.se/corbie/Fuskwww/twelve.html

<...>
> Those texts were picked out from all the available texts,
> especially texts about the life and ministry of Jesus, by a group
> of human beings, who had their own agendas.

And YOU don't have an agenda, right? Haha. Your agenda is wholly
antithetical to the Scriptures, so you cavalierly dismiss and disregard
them when they're diametrically opposed to "whatkarenbelieves" and
suggest they mean something they don't when you need a crutch for your
argument. There is NO biblical case for AR. The Bible allows, condones,
sanctions, approves, etc., animal sacrifice, consumption of animal
flesh, and everything else you find objectionable.

Meanwhile, you praise Lesley for posting rubbish like the aforementioned
fairy tale made up by crackpot vegetarians -- who were so clumsy about
it they left in terms and phrases that are clearly post-Nicene. This is
funny, in a sense, because of all the conspiracy theories about the
Council of Nicea (which Lesley most likely believes).