Posted to rec.food.baking
Vox Humana

Default Meringue questions

"Geoman1" <Geo1> wrote in message

> We also have the kichenaid mixer, I wonder if there are copper bowls for
> that? Also, maybe its me, but I honestly think the egg whites beeted

better
> with the old two beater type table blender my mother and grandmother use

> use. I don't think I get the volume with that kitchenaid with one beater.
> Any others with a comment concerning this?
>
> Thanks Vox for the great response.

There are copper bowl inserts available for the KA stand mixer. I get such
great results just using the SS bowl and whisk that I can't see buying the
copper insert. As I said, I put the whites and cream of tartar (or lemon
juice or vinegar) in the bowl, set it over the flame, and whisk like mad
until a soft foam has formed and the eggs are very warm. I move the bowl to
the mixer, turn it to medium high, and start adding the sugar. A stiff foam
forms in a couple of minutes.