Vox Humana

Default Sugar Cookies

"Shanelle" > wrote in message
> I'm not sure if anyone has ever asked this question before but I have to

ask
> it. I've tried making sugar cookies before which I absolutely love but I
> have one problem. How do I get my cookies to stay soft. That's the best

part
> about a sugar cookie, that it's soft. Please help me, thanks in advance

for
> the help

Without seeing the recipe it would be hard to advise you. The term "sugar
cookie" is used for a wide number of item from the rolled cookies that
people decorate for Christmas to drop cookies that some people call "tea
cakes."

Generally, using shortening instead of butter will make you cookies softer.
An easy way to make cookies soft is to underbake them. As has been
mentioned, how you store them will influence the texture.