Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking
Overfiend

Default Peanut brew?

> You said he added 500g of sugar...I'm guessing this is where the sugar
> comes from. ;-)

Well I assumed that this would be in addition to sugar gained from the
peanuts. It was kind of an assumption on my part that everything that goes
into the fermenter has to aid the fermentation process. Didn't occur to me
that the peanuts were for anything else than their sugar content.

> The fermentation will extract and produce flavour, colour, and aroma
> compounds from the peanuts as it ferments the sugar, which he then
> fortifies...interesting...I'd try it ! :-D

Oh I see. So thats the point of it. Nothing aids the fermentation, the
peanuts are purely for flavour etc.
Interesting idea, I may have to meet this man.