Posted to rec.food.cooking
Ben

Default Chicken turned green

We bought a fresh free range chicken from our usual butcher. We roasted it
and carved enough for our meal. We later carved the rest and found that meat
from the shoulder area was green. The bone cavity under that part was also
green, it did not smell any different. We put the carcass and the green meat
in a box in the fridge until we could show it to the butcher. His
explanation was "Air". He said that if air gets into the area between the
bone and the meat that it can turn green. Has anyone come across this
phenomena.
Ben