Posted to rec.food.baking
MoM

Default REC: Caramelized Onion Cheese Bread

I found this recipe in a Woman's World Mag and it sounds
delicious.

It calls for hot roll mix and I don't use packaged mixes so
I've tentatively made up this recipe.

-= Exported from BigOven =-

Caramelized Onion Cheese Bread

Adapted from a recipe in Woman's World 11/22/05

Recipe By: Women's World 11/22/05
Serving Size: 2
Cuisine: American
Main Ingredient: Flour

-= Ingredients =-
~~ -- DOUGH -- ~~
2 large Egg ; beaten in 2 cup measure
1 x Water ; add to cup to make 1 1/2 cups
2 ts Kosher salt
1 1/2 ts Cracked pepper
2 tb Sugar
4 cups Flour, all purpose
4 tb Gluten flour
2 ts Yeast
~~ -- FILLING -- ~~
4 tb Butter ; room temp
10 ounce Sweet onions ; chopped
4 ounce Cheddar ; finely shredded
2 tb Parsley ; fresh, chopped
~~ -- SEEDS -- ~~
3/4 ts Poppy or sesame seeds

-= Instructions =-
Note: I use powdered eggs and add water to 1 1/2 cups
Place ingredients in breadmaker pan in order given. Put in
bread machine and use dough cycle. When dough has
finished and risen, remove from pan.

This may be more bread than required, but I''''m sure you
can double or triple the filling recipe to fill the extra.

Coat large baking sheet with cooking spray.

1. On floured surface rooll dough into 12 inch square. Cut
into 3 strips. Spread with onion mixture to within 1/2 inch
of edges.
Pinch edges together to seal. Roll into ropes with tapered
ends.

2. Braid ropes to create a tapered loaf that''''s no longer
than 16 inches. Transfer to baking sheet tucking ends under
loaf.

3. Cover and let rise till doubled. Beat 2nd egg and brush
over loaves. Sprinkle with seeds.

Bake 30-35 minutes or until golden brown.

** This recipe can be pasted into BigOven without retyping.
**
** Easy recipe software. Try it free at:
http://www.bigoven.com **

MoM