Posted to rec.food.baking
Vox Humana

Default Opinion of "Baking Illustrated" cookbook

"deepeddygirl" > wrote in message
> I just got an offer in an email to save 50% if I order this cookbook
> before 1/1/06. It's normally $35 so it would be $17.50. Has anyone here
> ever ordered one of the "Cooks Illustrated" cookbooks? Here is a link:
>
> http://www.cooksillustrated.com/book...il.asp?PID=308

I haven't seen that particular book, but I find the folks at Cooks
Illustrated a bit annoying. Sometimes it seems like they go out of their
way to make things complex.

If you are looking for cookbooks in general, or baking books in particular,
you might consider joining the "Good Cook" book club. For $16.05 you can
choose FOUR books ( $1 each + shipping) from hundreds of titles. You have
to buy two more books within a year, but you can get one of them for half
price if you buy it as part of the original order. The last book to fulfill
your obligation could be one of their low priced titles for under $10.
Cookbooks make great gifts.

Here is a link to the site:
http://tinyurl.com/8zzqf