Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Night Spirit

Default Bombay Chicken

I'm a little supicious on the carbs they seem a little low to me.

Bombay Chicken
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Servings: 5 - Difficulty Level: 2

Ingredients

* 1 teaspoon reduced-calorie margarine
* 1 teaspoon chicken-flavored bouillon, granules
* 1/4 cup chopped almonds
* 2 teaspoons curry powder, divided
* 1 cup boiling water
* 1 cup diced, unpeeled apple
* 1/2 cup skim milk
* 1/2 cup chopped onion
* 1 tablespoon lemon juice
* 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
* 1 cup chopped, cooked chicken
* 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour

Directions

1. Melt margarine in a large skillet over medium heat; add almonds.
2. Cook 10 minutes or until almonds are golden brown; stirring
frequently.
3. Sprinkle almonds with 1 teaspoon curry powder, toss lightly to
coat, and cook for another minute or two.
4. Remove almonds to a plate lined with paper towels; let drain.
5. Add apple, onion, and mushrooms to skillet and saute 5 minutes.
6. Stir in remaining 1 teaspoon curry powder and flour.
7. Cook over low heat 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
8. Dissolve bouillon granules in boiling water and add to skillet with
milk and lemon juice.
9. Cook over low heat 5 minutes or until smooth and thickened,
stirring constantly.
10. Add chicken and continue to cook over low heat, stirring
constantly, until thoroughly heated.

Nutritional Info

Calories: 116
Protein: 8 g