Posted to rec.food.baking
Dusty Bleher

Default CornBREAD

"Richard Crowley" > wrote in message
>> Can you describe this bread a bit more? You know, color, size, texture,
>> shape, flavor, etc...?
>>
>> It sound interesting, and I'd like to learn more about it...

> It was a very uniform-shape/size loaf with a "nominal"
> crust and "nominal"-looking interior texture/color. It
> was essentially indistinguishable from any other
> bakery-made wheat bread. The "mouth-feel" was a bit

So, it was a bread that had gluten strands that held bubbles? As opposed to
a baking powder bread that's just sort of puffy w/o really noticeable holes?

> on the coarse side of average. There was nothing really
> remarkable-looking about the bread. But the flavor had
> a noticeable element of cornmeal, I don't recall if you
> could actually see any yellow cornmeal by looking at
> the slices.

I was hoping to get enough of a description that I could search for such a
recipe. But what I have is still not enough to go on...

> "nominal" is a great word made popular by the scientists
> and engineers at NASA in the 1970-80s.

Hey now! I wuz one of those "... scientists and engineers at NASA ..."
around that time and probably contributed to the over-utilization of that
word...(:-o)!

If you find or hear of any more, please drop me a note and let me know. It
sounds interesting, so I wanna find and work out that recipe...

L9r,
Dusty