Old 29-11-2005, 10:22 PM posted to rec.food.baking
betsy

Default Baking books

Hilbert wrote:
Hello,

I love baking, do a lot of it, mostly mostly from epicurious.com.
I baked our wedding cake recently, which came out awesome- a lemon
respberry pound cake.

I never had baking education, and now would like to learn a bit more
about techniques, combining tastes etc.. For example why do I need to
freeze the flower when preparing a pie crust? Why does chocolate and
wasabi taste good together?

Could youplease suggest some in-depth baking/cooking books?

Thanks,
Hilbert

I suggest a book by Shirley Corriher, though I forget the exact title
at the moment. Very good, scientific but not gobbledy-gook, and has
sample recipes to illustrate principles discussed. And of course,
don't forget Harold McGee, the bible of them all.
betsy