Posted to rec.food.cooking
Curly Sue

Default Review: Boston Market Thanksgiving Take-Out

On 27 Nov 2005 20:19:30 -0800, wrote:

>I had a Boston Market take-out for Thanksgiving this year. First time
>ever. I thought it might be good because their food is usually decent.
>For about $50.00 we got the 12 person whole turkey dinner with two side
>dishes and corn bread and gravy. Overall it was an excellent value.
>Here are the details:
>
>1. Turkey - very good quality, maybe the best turkey I have ever had.
>Came cooked, refigerated and with it's own pan. Heated it for 90
>minutes. Only problem was the turkey grease leaked through the pan
>after the cooking bag was cut (thankfully this did not happen in the
>oven).
>
>2. Stuffing - all right. I have had better but also worse. Lots of
>vegetables mixed in.
>
>3. Mashed potatos - all right. I have had better and much worse. Kids
>loved them.
>
>4. Corn bread - excellent. This is really why I went to Boston Market.
>
>5. Gravy - all right. I have had much better.
>
>So if anyone's wondering wether or not to do it I will tell you it's
>excellent value and everyone will enjoy it.

I would have paid extra for their creamed spinach Didn't any
vegetables come with the dinner (the green beans are good too).

When I go to Boston Market, I just get sides: green beans, corn, and
creamed spinach. Not that I don't like anything else they sell, but
the vegetables fill me up. It's so nice to get cooked vegetables (as
opposed to a salad bar) at a fast food restaurant.

Sue(tm)