Posted to rec.food.veg.cooking
Jude

Default Edamme & regular soy beans

Vicky Conlan wrote:
> According to >:
> >All I do is put them in a bowl, pods and all, with a few tablespoons of
> >water. I micriwave them for 2 minutes to thaw and warm them, then
> >sprinkle to pods with coarse kosher salt. We suck the pods and pop the
> >beans out as we're eating them. Couldn't be easier!

> Actually, I have a bit of a dim question - what's the point of the salt
> when you are only eating the inside?
>
> --
> Caption Competition: http://sig.comps.org/caption/

well, i like to put the whoe pods in my mouth and use my teeth to
extract the beans. so the salt makes them taste salty when i put the
pods in my mouth. I suppose I could shell the beans by hand and then
salt the beans, but that's more work.

The salt definitely perks up the flavor. They're quite mild.