Posted to rec.food.cooking
gkm

Default what is Groviera Cheese ?

Julia Altshuler wrote:
> Michael "Dog3" Lonergan wrote:
>
>> What an absolutely fabulous explanation. I do a low fat regime myself
>> and your explanation will help me enormously. Vegetarian is so
>> different.

> <blush> Aw, thanks for the compliment. If you explain that you're on a
> low-fat regime, that should do it.
>

> A vegetarian meal can be high or low fat. Cream, butter and eggs are
> vegetarian and high fat (assuming you're eating a lot of them). Lean
> beef and chicken broth are not vegetarian and low fat.
>

> --Lia

Having inlaws that are vegetarian from a traditional religious
background, I'd say eggs would be in the grey area.

But even the (almost centurion) grand-mother was quite amused on a
recent visit to the SF Bay area when a waitress lectured her (I'd say
berated) on vegetarianism. Her crime was asking asking for milk at a
vegetarian restaurant in the city.