Posted to alt.food.vegan,talk.politics.animals,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian

Default wife swap vegan episode

You are corredt -- there was no restriction on publication of the
lawsuit or its results. I have, nevertheless, been careful not to step
over the line and indulge any derogatory comments. Following is the
formal announcement made in August:

"You will find it of note that Sue Bishop settled the lawsuit brought
against her for defamation in Greene County, Ohio for $5,000 payable to
the Plaintiff, Rose Volkert, on July 7th of this year.

"Sue Bishop admitted in sworn deposition testimony that the many highly
derogatory statements made by her on groups and to individuals on the
Net were "not true", and stated she had acquired information published
from Brian McKee. In Ohio she was nevertheless legally responsible to
verify the truth of any statements before publication."

to which I also appended my name.

I had the support of several people who found Sue Bishop's behavior
offensive, especially when she private emailed them in very negative
tones and performed what they considered harassment. I've not seen
anything of her on the Net since and I hope it stays that way. No
small part of this effort, which was expressed to the Court, was to
eliminate her treatment of people by publishing, as she had done with
me, on groups and otherwise.

Should anyone have any questions that were not answered by the above,
please let me know. I shall remain careful in publications, but will
try to answer or will tell you I don't feel comfortable answering.

I have no information that anyone else has sued Sue Bishop. The suit
was brought while she still lived in Ohio, as I do. It became
necessary for her to fly back from Arizona to make the settlement. I
would imagine she had tangential expenses to this action in multiples
of the settlement amount.

Rose Volkert