Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking
Bob Bart

Default Cranberry Wine from Juice - Recipes?

Here's a recipe for some Cranberry wine that I am making now, won't know how
it turns out for a couple months

CRANBERRY WINE

· 3 pounds cranberries, fresh
· 1 pound raisins
· 2.5 pounds granulated sugar
· 1 campden tablet
· 1/2 teaspoon nutrients (yeast energizer)
· 1/2 teaspoon dry pectic enzyme (3 drops liquid)
· 3/4 teaspoon acid blend
· 1 package wine yeast (Montrachet)
· 1 Gallon of water

Chop cranberries coarsely. The goal here is the break the skin on every
berry to help the juice leach into the water. Place them in mesh bag and in
the primary fermentor with raisins
Boil water & sugar let cool for (1) hour and pour over fruit.
Let cool and add crushed Camden tablet
Wait for (12) hours and add pectic enzyme (make sure it is less than 75
deg.)
Check S.G. and adjust sugar, Should be 1.080-1.095
Add yeast starter and mix in well. Cover primary fermentor with cloth. Stir
daily for five -seven days. At 70deg.
When the S.G. reaches 1.030 strain fruit, squeezing out as much juice as
possible. Stir and mix up lees and put into secondary fermentor, and place
airlock on the bottle. (Do not splash the wine during this step)
Let stand at 60-65 deg until it stops bubbling and the S.G. is .998 4-6
weeks

Bart