Posted to rec.food.cooking
David Hare-Scott

Default What's the funniest or worst restaurant experience you'd had so far? (LONG)

The scene is yum cha at a cheap chinese restaurant (which I normally love
BTW).

1) Despite booking ahead they had insufficient room for us so we had 15
people at a round table for 8, my chair was so far back I could hardly reach
my food, to leave the table required pushing your chair back into the people
next door so you could get out..
2) They kept bringing plates of chicken feet despite being told repeatedly
that we didn't want them.
3) The waiter dropped a platter of something or other that was swimming in
sauce on the table, he scooped up most of the solids and vanished with no
apology, several people were left with table cloth soaked in sauce in front
of them, with nowhere for their plate or anything else, when the owner was
summoned he grudgingly put a smaller table cloth over the large wet spot but
wouldn't replace the whole thing, then they tried to charge us for it.
4) Overall the food was very ordinary, the service was terrible and the
ambience horrid, at the end they asked if we wanted sweets and/or coffee and
we rose as a body saying "No!" and went up the road to a coffee shop. There
was no tip.

David