John Gaughan

Default A Modest Proposal

Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> How do you use what you have?

Spaghetti: Spaghetti rustica, or at least just plain old meat sauce

Fettucine: Fettucine alfredo, or Fettucine with cream sauce (yes, I
still remember that thread a month or two ago...)

Capellini: I refuse to call it "angel hair" :-P I use it like I do
spaghetti

Linguini: again, like spaghetti -- it needs meat sauce

Rigatoni: meat sauce, but usually I bake up like a casserole and add
some mozzarella cheese and pepperoni.

Rotini: meat sauce

elbow macaroni: My wife calls it "goulash," but everyone else calls it
"chili mac." It sucked in the school cafeteria but when I make it, it
rocks. I also make macaroni and cheese from scratch in a modified Alton
Brown recipe.

Fiori (hexagons): I add this to chicken stew.

Come to think of it, the vast majority of my pasta sauces have ground
beef in them, if not also sausage or prosciutto.

If there are spelling errors, I blame Captin Morgan. Yes, it is his
fault. Also the shot glasses. Ciao.

--
John Gaughan
http://www.johngaughan.net/