Posted to rec.food.cooking
Dennis Turner

Default What's the funniest or worst restaurant experience you'd hadso far?

On 11/25/2005 9:07 PM or thereabouts, Rob appears, somewhat
unbelievably, to have opined:

> Irrespective of the location, what's been your funniest or worst
> restaurant experience/s you've had so far - as in the food and / or
> service being terrible, or the food and service being fine and very
> good, but something else amusing occurred.

Worst experience had to be at the local Black Eyed Pea (since closed and
converted to a bank). First our waiter was extremely slow. We waited
ages for our food and when it came it was cold. We waited 15 minutes or
so with empty glasses for drink refills. 15 minutes after we had
finished eating the waiter finally came over to ask if we wanted
dessert. No, just the check, please. 10 minutes later he brought us the
check. Determined not to let him get away, I had my credit card ready
and handed it to him immediately. He left with the credit card and the
check. Little did we know that it would take him 12 minutes to return
with a credit card slip for me to sign.

Now, I am usually fairly generous with tips, but this guy had me really
steamed up. I am not the sort to complain, nor would I verbally abuse
waitstaff. I simply added a tip of 2 cents on the credit card slip in
the belief that to leave a 2 cent tip was worse than to leave no tip.

--
As a child, my parents thought I was an idiot-savant.
Now, however, it is rather clear that I'm simply an idiot.