Posted to rec.food.cooking
jmcquown

Default What's the funniest or worst restaurant experience you'd had so far?

Nancy Young wrote:
> We went to this restaurant that had ribs as a theme ... not a
> rib joint, actually, but a restaurant. I don't remember what we
> ordered, that was some time ago, but I guess we ordered an
> appetizer, dinner, dessert, there was a bread basket, couple of
> rounds of drinks. I think that pretty well describes it.
>
> Sat down, ordered drinks, over came the drinks, ordered the
> appetizer, that came along with the requisite little dishes for each
> of us, then came dinner. Along with another drink, no doubt.
>
> Now, to describe the setting; we were sitting at a table for two,
> to say, not as large as my desk. Rectangular and not much wider
> than a person on the sitting sides. (laugh ... did I mangle that
> badly enough?)
>
> Drinks, appetizer, bread plates, salad ... this was really a stretch,
> but we got everything to fit. Next came dinner. Well, the waitress
> didn't
> take anything away with her. As in empty plates/glasses. Luckily
> or fortuitously, there was a ledge that the table butted up against,
> it held a large planter. Enough room so that we started stacking
> dishes on it.
>
> Well, we didn't order THAT much food, but everything came on a
> separate plate, ribs on one plate, vegetable in a little bowl, etc.,
> you get the idea.
>
> We were laughing our ass off, I swear, we left after paying the bill,
> you didn't even have a place to put the thing down so you could sign
> it. None of this seemed to faze the waitress AT ALL.
>
> Honest, I was waiting for Peter Funt to come over and say we'd
> been had.
>
> nancy

This is why, if I owned a restaurant, there wouldn't be any duces (tables
for two) except in the bar area where most likely only an appetizer would be
served along with drinks.

Part of a good servers' job is to pre-bus the table - remove empty bowls,
plates, glassware. God, where do you have to to go get good help these
days?!

Jill