Posted to rec.food.cooking
Stan Horwitz

Default What's the funniest or worst restaurant experience you'd had so far?

In article .com>,
"Rob" > wrote:

> Irrespective of the location, what's been your funniest or worst
> restaurant experience/s you've had so far - as in the food and / or
> service being terrible, or the food and service being fine and very
> good, but something else amusing occurred.

Several years ago, a few friends and I went into a diner in Philadelphia
to eat dinner after we saw a movie. As our food was served, a waitress
brought over a friend's chicken parmasian. This friend was the final
person at our table to be served. The poor waitress' hand slipped as she
was about to remove the platter from her serving tray. Instead of
placing the food in front of my friend, she received her dinner in her
lap and all over her shirt! Fortunately, my friend was just dressed in
inexpensive casual attire.

The friend who had the food dumped on her was every bit is beautiful on
the inside as she is on the outside so she reacted very politely and
calmly. The look on the face of the waitress was one of horror. The
waitress could not have been more apologetic. My friend stepped into the
ladies' restroom, cleaned herself up reasonably well. By the time she
returned to the table, a fresh plate of food was waiting there for her
and we had all our meals comped by the management.

We tipped generously, including the dumpee, because the poor waitress
really did look like she was having a bad day and the restaurant was
packed at the time.