Posted to rec.food.cooking
Edwin Pawlowski

Default What's the funniest or worst restaurant experience you'd had so far?

"Rob" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Irrespective of the location, what's been your funniest or worst
> restaurant experience/s you've had so far - as in the food and / or
> service being terrible, or the food and service being fine and very
> good, but something else amusing occurred.

I was able to turn a bad experience into a good one.

A group of about five of us went to a well know restaurant in Philadelphia.
My wife had poor service there once so we never went back, but our friends
from out of town really wanted to try it. Mid week, not a particularly busy
night and we were early, the place was just opening for the dinner hour..

We gave our name to the hostess and waited for a table. Many others came in
after us and were quickly seated. I inquired and was firmly told just go
sit and wait until we want to seat you. So, I went to the pay phone in the
lobby and called the owner. I explained the situation and told him we were
headed out the door to another place to dine. He asked that I wait and in
about two minutes we were seated, given one of his "private" tables, and one
of the best waiters I've ever encountered.

Turned out to be a delightful evening and dessert on the house.