Posted to rec.food.cooking
The Bubbo

Default What have been your funniest or worst restaurant experiences sofar?

Rob wrote:
> Irrespective of the location, what have been your worst or funniest
> restaurant experiences you've had so far - as in the food and service
> both being extremely terrible, or being very good, but something else
> occurred.

This was only a good time, but I thought it was pretty cool.

A couple years ago my ex's family brought everyone down to disney world for a
week. For the most part we all went our separate ways during the week, but on
the last day we all had dinner together at the buffet restaurant at the
wilderness lodge place at animal kingdom (i forget what it was called).

My ex has a number of food issues, no meat, no sugar, no starch, most fresh
veggies are out. She was having a hard time at the buffet finding things she
could eat. She began asking what was in various dishes so she could pick
things that would not make her sick. Finally, the chef came out to talk to her
and told her to sit down, he'd put something together for her. She protested,
knowing that her issues were her own.

he said "look at my uniform! It's clean! I hate that, I'm here to cook"

She sat down and he proceeded to bring her appetizers, salad, soup, entree and
dessert all one after the other. The presentation was beyond spectacular, it
was beautiful, and the food was some of the best I'd ever eaten.

--
..:Heather:.
www.velvet-c.com