Posted to rec.food.cooking
kalanamak

Default What have been your funniest or worst restaurant experiencesso far?

Rob wrote:
> Irrespective of the location, what have been your worst or funniest
> restaurant experiences you've had so far - as in the food and service
> both being extremely terrible, or being very good, but something else
> occurred.

I worked with a complete clown for awhile. Drained the deepfat frier of
HOT oil into plastic, which started to melt poured in water which steam
up and splattered the oil about.
Had his chef's hat sucked up in to the fan while cleaning the vent and
ruined the fan...we couldn't use the griddle all day.
Put fake maple syrup instead of oil in the deepfat frier and customers
complained of sticky frenchfries.
Etc.