Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking
William Frazier

Default Carboy Wine Level Indicator

Charles, I have lots of 2.8, 3, 5 and 6.5 gallon carboys. Each size varies
in the volume of liquid they hold but it's not a big difference. Long ago I
calibrated each size by adding water in increments and measuring the height
of the water with a yard stick. These measurements have served me well and
allow for selection of a receiving carboy when racking or blending. Send me
an email address and I'll send you my chart.

Bill Frazier
Olathe, Kansas USA

Sedgewick Halbritton wrote " I always end up guessing when blending