Posted to rec.food.cooking
jmcquown

Default Accidently left out frozen pie crust. Can I still use it?

wrote:
> I bought a "gluten free" frozen pie crust last night, but accidently
> left it out in the bag last night. I discovered it this morning.
> Does it go bad, or can I still use it after I freeze it this morning?
> Nothing on the label says anything about it needing to be kept
> frozen, but I would guess that was an omission, because aren't they
> usually kept frozen?

Never in my life heard of a "gluten free" pie crust so I couldn't tell you.
I've only dealt with regular pie crusts and they say to use immediately if
thawed. Immediately could be your own interpretation. To me, it would mean
immediately after I discovered it was thawed but needed to take a nap.

Jill