Posted to alt.food.vegan,talk.politics.animals,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian
Dutch

Default wife swap vegan episode

"Glorfindel" > wrote
> Linzey notes: "The biblical case for vegetarianism does not rest on
> the view that killing may never be allowable in the eyes of God,
> rather on the view that killing is always a grave matter. When we
> have to kill to live we may do so, but when we do not, we should live
> otherwise." _Animal Theology_

This is the essence of veganism, to avoid "animal products" means "to live
otherwise", just the fallacious reasoning that so many people fall for. This
line of thought of course is extrapolated from moral behaviour towards
humans, i.e. kill only in self-defense, where it actually makes sense.

--
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it."
Andre Gide