Melba's Jammin'

Default REC: Spaghetti - Spaghetti Bravissimo

I haven't made this for a while, but loved it when I did.

{ Sort of Exported from MasterCook Mac }

Spaghetti Bravissimo

Recipe By: posted to r.f.cooking by Barb Schaller, 2-28-04
Serving Size: 4-6
Preparation Time: 0:00
Categories: Entrees

Amount Measure Ingredient Preparation Method
1 packet Lipton onion soup mix
8 oz. pkg long spaghetti (not thinner than vermicelli)
4 1/2 cups water
1 # lean ground beef
1/2 tsp. oregano
1/2 tsp. basil
1 Tbsp. parsley flakes
1 can tomato paste (6 oz.)
1 can tomato sauce (8 oz.)
Salt and pepper to taste

Add soup mix and spaghetti to boiling water and cook until noodles are
tender; do not drain. Brown meat in skillet and stir in remaining
ingredients, combine with noodles; heat through. Will thicken on
standing. Serves 6?

‹‹‹‹‹
Notes: Source: I think I didnąt use that much water, since it doesnąt
get drained. An oldie from the Minneapolis newspaper. Pretty darned
tasty stuff! Easy to make! May give you gas. Seasoning mixture can be
adjusted to taste; may add fresh mushrooms to meat while browning, if
desired.

Per serving (excluding unknown items): 787 Calories; 49g Fat (54%
calories from fat); 49g Protein; 43g Carbohydrate; 170mg Cholesterol;
2706mg Sodium
Food Exchanges: 6 Lean Meat; 7 1/2 Vegetable; 6 Fat
_____
--
-Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> updated 2-19-04 -- Dufus picture posted!