Posted to rec.food.cooking
Joseph Littleshoes

Default Beer-Cheese Soup

Joseph Littleshoes wrote:

> Michael "Dog3" Lonergan wrote:
>
> > Joseph Littleshoes > looking for trouble wrote

> in
> >
> > :

> > I am completely into cheese soups. I like mine more chowdery with
> > diced
> > potato, carrot and green bell pepper. Oh, lots of onion too. I

> always
> > make
> > mine with stock and serve with french bread, salad and whatever else

> > sounds
> > good at the time. Jill's recipe made me laugh since I don't have

> one.
> >
> > Michael

Having more or less given up any regular consumption of beef i do miss
my beef stock. I used to make SUCH a French onion soup. I would take
several days to make and clarify the rich beef stock just for French
onion soup. Chicken or fish stock for French onion soup just don't
work, at least for me.

I'm tempted to go out tomorrow and get some beef bones, and make a pot
of onion soup for thursday, but i have already promised to turn the
turkey carcass into a pot of hoppin' John and i am making an effort this
year to do as little as possible. And which has already resulted in the
making of several pints of an apple, squash, and onion soup. And now
i've got beans simmering to use for sauces & sides.
---
JL