Posted to alt.food.vegan,talk.politics.animals,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian
rick

Default wife swap vegan episode

"Glorfindel" > wrote in message
> usual suspect wrote:
>
> Glorfindel wrote:
>

>> There are few examples of vegans even acknowledging the issue
>> of collateral deaths.

> There are equally few non-vegans who know about or
> acknowledge them. You are not applying an equal standard
> to them.

========================
ROTFLMAO What a hoot fool! There is no equal,need for them to
know. They aren't claiming to live their lives in such a way as
to kill no/fewer/less animals, dolt. That is what YOU are doing.
Vegans come here claiming they care, and usually that they have
'completely' research their diet, and we know that that is a ly.

>>> and irrelevant in any case.

>> It's relevant, Karen. In fact, "don't harm animals" is the
>> foundation of veganism. We know vegans continue to harm
>> animals through either ignorant consumption or ambivelant
>> consumption.

> So do non-vegans -- and they add an additional list of harms
> by using animal products. It is easier for a vegan to reduce
> harm by choosing less harmful vegetable products than for a
> non-vegan to reduce harm by continuing to use animal products.

==========================
No, fool, it is not. Tell us what those "less harmful"
vegetables are, killer. You, amd no other vegan has even tried
to find out which veggies cause more/less death and suffering.
It's quite easy for a meat eater to easily and quickly change to
a grass-fed, free-range, or game animals and immediately reduce
the impact that *YOU* calim to care about.

>>> Veganism/vegetarianism addresses a specific issue: the use of
>>> animal products.

>> Veganism doesn't even address that issue. Vegans suggests
>> they're not harming animals by not eating them, not wearing
>> their hides, not using products tested on animals, and so on.

> Insofar as that is true, they are not.
>
>> That's all rhetorical -- in practice, their consumption
>> continues to harm animals by giving up a fraction of an animal
>> at a meal and instead causing many more animals to die from
>> crop production (pesticides, flooding, farm machinery,
>> predation, field-clearing fires, etc.) and by recommending
>> petrochemical-based synthetics in place of leather or fur.

> All those things can be changed as vegans become aware of them.

========================
No, they can't. Because as vegans like to say, 'you can't feed
the world' on some meaningless gesture, hypocrite.

> They begin from a better foundation, and a better basic
> philosophy, and have to change fewer things if/when they come
> to know more about other aspects of their consumption.
>
> How can anyone move toward more humane consumption based on
> your philosophy of "it doesn't matter how much harm
> consumers cause to animals if humans find the results more
> tasty or convenient for them"?

Tell us then how you do it? Afterall, your diet is based on YOUR
taste and conveninece and still kills massive numbers of animals.
Numbers that *could* be reduced tomorrow if your chose the right
meat, eh killer?