Posted to alt.food.vegan,talk.politics.animals,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian
Glorfindel

Default wife swap vegan episode

usual suspect wrote:
> Beach Blunder wrote:

>> Animals on concrete.

> It has benefits.

Only to the producer.

> 1. Easier to clean and disinfect.

Which would not be necessary if the animals were not overcrowded.

> 2. No loss of topsoil when cleaning wastes, so it's
> environmentally-friendly.

Which would not be an issue if the vast numbers of animals
kept in an area did not create waste far beyond the amount
which can be disposed of in ecologically appropriate ways.
Traditional farms used animal waste as fertilizer for their
crops. It was an ecologically sound system. Modern factory
farms create massive environmental pollution.

>> Believe me,

> No. **** no.

>> they only take their own self-serving pictures in the best possible
>> light.

> One of those pics was taken on vacation (Israeli farm:
> http://tinyurl.com/arxlb). A couple other were from ag departments,
> iirc, and one from a feed company. Those pics show the norm. Why don't
> you take a trip to a turkey farm, Bob, and see for yourself?

Read the Farm Sanctuary website for information on modern
turkey "farms" and the health problems created by producers.

>> As evidenced by my posting

> Your posts are evidence of nothing but your senility, you old geezer.

>> of your factory farmed turkeys versus what a real turkey looks like.
>> There is no comparison.

Yes. I saw wild turkeys in the area of California where I used
to live. I have seen domestic turkeys at a local center which
teaches alternative methods of small-scale animal care. Even
with the best care possible, modern domestic turkeys are deformed
and crippled by their breeding.

> Domestic turkeys are *real* turkeys.

They are real, and they really suffer. The modern strains
sometimes break leg bones if they are allowed to grow to
adulthood because their bodies are too big for their
skeletons to support. They cannot even breed by themselves,
because their breasts are too big. Any animal which must be
routinely inseminated artificially is not a "real" animal,
and would die out in one generation if they were not kept
going by human intervention.

Wild turkeys are somewhat
> different, but consumers want more breast meat than wild turkeys have.

That does not justify what producers have done to them.

> those two farmers slaughtered all their
> sows. Is that the effect you want "animal rights" laws to have, dummy?

"Look what you made me do." No one over two years old should
find that a convincing argument.