Old 21-11-2005, 06:54 AM posted to rec.food.cooking
Spitzmaus

Default ALMONDS - to skin or not to skin (that is the question)

Puester wrote:

They are much more pleasant to eat when they are skinned.

It's not that much work. Dump them in a pot of boiling water for a few
minutes until the skin comes off of one easily. Drain, place in cold
water to stop the cooking. Drain well, pinch to slip the skins off.

gloria p

And I think just the opposite: skinned almonds taste "processed" to me, too
bland, not enough character. When I make almond meal, I leave the skins on,
although as Melba's Jammin' said, it does impact the look of the finished
product. But I love the fuller, nuttier taste.

Spitz
--
"Home, James, and don't spare the horses!"