Old 21-11-2005, 05:20 AM posted to rec.food.cooking
TammyM

Default ALMONDS - to skin or not to skin (that is the question)

On Mon, 21 Nov 2005 04:13:25 GMT, Puester
wrote:

Helen of Joy wrote:
I have receipe that says I should skin almonds before roasting them in
melted butter and soy sauce. Will they be just as nice if I DON'T skin
them? Will the butter/soy mixture adhere to the nuts properly?

They are much more pleasant to eat when they are skinned.

It's not that much work. Dump them in a pot of boiling water for a few
minutes until the skin comes off of one easily. Drain, place in cold
water to stop the cooking. Drain well, pinch to slip the skins off.

This task is especially jolly if you make the appropriate sound effect
whilst pufffting the skins off. Don't ask me how I know this.

TammyM