Posted to rec.food.cooking
Melba's Jammin'

Default ALMONDS - to skin or not to skin (that is the question)

In article >,
"jmcquown" > wrote:

> Helen of Joy wrote:
> > I have receipe that says I should skin almonds before roasting them in
> > melted butter and soy sauce. Will they be just as nice if I DON'T
> > skin them? Will the butter/soy mixture adhere to the nuts properly?

> Question: Why on earth would you skin almonds? If you really want to, go
> for it. But otherwise, NO, don't bother.
>
> Jill

In this instance, I don't think it matters, but if you were to grind the
almonds, I expect the skin would darken the almond meal. That might not
be part of the desired look of the finished product.
--
http://www.jamlady.eboard.com, updated 11-19-05 - Shiksa Varnishkes.