Old 18-11-2005, 08:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.winemaking
Ray Calvert

Default Cranberry Wine from Juice - Recipes?

You are already looking at Jack's recipes. Check out his high-bush
cranberry recipe

http://winemaking.jackkeller.net/highbush.asp

Cranberries are cheap this time of year and easy to process for wine.

I have made it and I think a number of others have as well. Cranberry makes
an excellent wine. A few comments are that cranberry is a powerful taste.
When I make it again I plan to cut the fruit in half and substitute a can of
frozen Welch's Niagara. But that is my plan. You might want to make it as
give the first time.

Another comment, and this pertains to many of Jack's recipes, is that it is
designed to yield 1 gallon of wine, not fill a 1 gallon carboy. If you
multiply it by 6 to set up a 6 gallon carboy you may well end up with 9
gallons of must. But after you rack off the fruit and then off the
sediment you will probably end up with about 6 gallons. Just don't be
surprised.

Ray

"Joel Sprague" wrote in message
news:[email protected]
My sister has asked me for wines made from cranberries, any sort I might
find. I'm looking to do a batch or two from Welch's 100% White-Grape
Cranberry, and I will also be using Jack's Cran-raspberry reccipe from his
site. But I was looking for any other suggestions, and also wondering iuf
anyone had a recipe for straight cranberry juice, either using frozen
concentrate(probably welch's again), or using 100% pure orgrnic juice from
the bottle purchased at local natural foods store.

Joel