Posted to alt.food.vegan,talk.politics.animals,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian
rick

Default wife swap vegan episode

"C. James Strutz" > wrote in message

> "rick" > wrote in message
> k.net...
>>
>> "Leif Erikson" > wrote in message
>> oups.com...
>> rick wrote:
>>>

>>> Here's a few sites to start your research..

>> That's a pretty impressive list! How did you come up with all
>> of them?
>> ==============================
>> Just from my various research on the subject. I did just go
>> through the list to verify links and found several links no
>> longer work, so I will have to rebuild it.
>>
>> The numbers are amazing given the fact that nobody is really
>> researching the total problem. many of these are just results
>> of specific occurances, and no industry-wide research seems to
>> be done. But then, there really has been no cry for that
>> research. The farmers have no incentive to do it, the
>> petro-chemical industry has no incentive to do it, and the Gob
>> has no real incentive to do it. The only that should care,
>> vegan/AR loons, and demand these studies are strangly quite on
>> the issue. Of course, it would blow their house of cards down
>> and destroy their simple rule for their simple minds.

> Your simple mind has forgotten that the problem is not one
> restricted to veg*ns.

=======================
No, I haven't. The problem is that vegans *claim* to be the ones
to care. They prove that they really don't by focusing only on
what others eat, and ignoring their own bolldy footprints.

In fact, most of the grain and soy produced in this country
(USA)
> directly supports the cattle industry.

==============================
Show me the requirment that that be so.

Yeah, go ahead and remind me that the
> ultimate solution is to eat grass-fed beef. The fact remains
> that grain-fed currently dominates the beef market by a large
> percentage and that's not going to change any time soon. In the
> end, more animal lives can be saved, including collateral
> deaths, if people stopped eating meat. Period.

The fact still reamins that vegans *could* do better, but they
don't even try. Period. GHrass-fed beef is an easy, acheivable
alternative that can, and does, blow your vegan diet ideas out of
the water, killer.