Kate Connally

Default Good Peanut Butter vs. Bad Peanut Butter

Nancree wrote:

> Most peanut butters that are in supermarkets don't have oil rising to the
> top--they are of one consistency. This means that they have "Hydrogenated
> fat", which is very bad for your health--like butter, or beef fat.
>
> You can usually find at least one brand that has the oil floating on the top.
> (On the West Coast that brand is "Laura Scudder". ) This is the healthy,
> good kind. No "Hydrogenated fats or oils". You can stir it up and store it in
> the fridge, where it will stay mixed. Or you can leave it on the shelf, and
> give it a stir each time you use it.
>
> Do your children, and yourself, and buy a peanut butter that has the oil
> "separated", or floating on top. A nuisance, but so much healthier.

The oil floating on top just means it's natural
peanut butter - no preservatives and other additives.
I discovered Laura Scudders when I lived in So. Cal.
It's sooooo much better than Jif, et al. When I came
back to Pittsburgh I found Smuckers natural. I can't
even bring myself to eat the other stuff these days,
and it's not even about unhealthy fats in them, it's
just about all the additives making them disgusting to
eat.
Kate

--
Kate Connally